jaZip project is a program for maintaining your Iomega Zip and/or Jaz drive(s) anddisks under Linux.
This program provides a nice interface to Grant Guenther's 'ziptool' command line utility, and provides an X interface for mounting and unmounting disks.
It combines Grant Guenther's original command line utility, ziptool, with Jaz drive support, a nice X interface and additional utilities to allow users to easily mount and unmount disks.
The interface is based on version 0.88 of the XForms library.
Here are some key features of "jaZip":
· Support for Parallel, SCSI, and ATAPI interface Zip drives (With proper kernel support. See the FAQ)
· Support for 1G and 2G SCSI Jaz drives
· Support for the new 250 MB Zip drives (I hope; please confirm)
· Autodetect the type of drive (Jaz or Zip)
· Change the write protection status of a disk
· Query the write protection status of a disk
· Mount and unmount disks as an ordinary user (improved)
· Autodetect the format of the disk in the drive
· Several icons are now included for placing jaZip neatly in your window manager.
· Eject a disk
· Auto-unmount on Eject