ext2hide allows the user to save and restore an arbitrary number of files to and from the reserved space in an ext2/3 filesystem's primary and backup superblocks.
Using ext2hide, you can use this reserved section to store an arbitrary number of files, where they will be completely invisible to normal filesystem utilities, but still residing in permanent storage on disk.
This can be useful for public keys, passwords, anything you like.
This space is invisible to the operating system and filesystem drivers, and thus can be used to store data that is invisible to the normal filesystem tools, and therefore is one of the last places someone would look to find secret information on your filesystem, unless they are scanning your disk sector-by-sector.
What's New in This Release:
· (BUGFIX) Added extreme warning options, and fixed all relevant warnings.
· (BUGFIX) Fixed minor signed/unsigned comparison/assignment/function return issues
· (BUGFIX) Fixed shadowing of global "cfg" variable
· (BUGFIX) Fixed variable typing issues for printf.
· (NEW) Added SIGINT trapping for Build script cleanup.
· (CHANGE) Changed Makefile to call Build script for 'all' target.
· (BUGFIX) Declared source as gnu99 to allow long long, etc.
· (BUGFIX) Put in correct license (accidentally included the LGPL :-)