System G Desktop 2.2.0
System G Desktop provides a simple way to access to the file system in the form of a graphical hierarchy of files and folders.
- Simple, tree style, hierarchical display of files and folders
- Option to either display each folder in a separate window or to navigate the folder hierarchy within a single window
- File bindings dialog to associate file types with programs
- Rialog for running arbitrary programs avoids need to manually open terminal windows.
- Automatically mounts disk when the associated directory is opened
- Format UNIX and DOS floppy disks.
- Drag-and-Drop to move and copy files and to create symbolic links (Fully compliant with the X Drag-and-Drop (XDND) and X Direct Save (XDS) protocols.)
- Rename files and folders simply by clicking on the name and typing.
- Change permissions simply by clicking on the appropriate permission.
- All main windows have configurable button bars.
- Sort by name, user, group, size, or date.
- Shortcuts to your most frequented folders
- Customizable menu shortcuts
- (by editing string database -- a graphical editor is planned for later)
- Safe trash can interface
- Searchable, hypertext on-line help
- Designed to work with multiple virtual desktops and both Click-to-Focus and Point-to-Focus.
- Support for scrolling via wheel mice
- Full support for European languages
- Easy translation to other languages without the need to recompile the source
- Works with Gnome and KDE session managers.