Xmame is the X11/Unix port of MAME. MAME is the Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator, an arcade (coin-op) video game emulator.
The latest stable release is capable of playing over 2000 arcade games.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Everything from MAME 0.106 (changes-mame.html) and MESS 0.106 (changes-mess.html).
· Reverted a change that was intended to work around some Metacity focus misbehavior but was causing all window managers to have focus problems in fullscreen mode.
· Fixed a link error for messtest. (Arnaud G. Gibert)
· The clean68k target now removes libcpu.a, which fixes link errors for successive builds made without a full clean. (Arnaud G. Gibert)
· Fixed an alignment bug in the OpenGL driver which caused Defender, and possibly other 16bpp games, to be skewed.
· The mouse is no longer automatically grabbed in fullscreen mode. Bugzilla bug 877.
· Replaced fuzzy game name comparison with the method used by MAME for Windows, which lists approximate matches when an exact match isn't found.
· A BadMatch error should no longer occur for the OpenGL target in some cases, such as when 16bpp mode is used with recent releases of the binary NVIDIA driver.
· Fixed the tiny build target. (Mike Frysinger)
· Added CFLAGS for the Blackfin CPU. (Mike Frysinger)
· BUILD_ZLIB and BUILD_EXPAT can now be disabled without having to edit the makefile. (Mike Frysinger)