A Super Nintendo Entertainment System emulator.
Snes9x is a portable, freeware Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) emulator.
It basically allows you to play most games designed for the SNES and Super Famicom Nintendo game systems on your PC or Workstation; which includes some real gems that were only ever released in Japan.
Snes9x is the result of well over three years worth of part-time hacking, coding, recoding, debugging, divorce, etc. (just kidding about the divorce bit). Snes9x is coded in C++, with three assembler CPU emulation cores on the i386 Linux and Windows ports.
Currently there are many ports of Snes9x available, please check the download page to see if a port exists for your system.
- ability to save in any location of the game, despite how the game was designed it's amazingly useful when you don't want to redo the same level over and over.
- built-in peripherals. This is anything from multi-taps, to super scopes, to cheat devices.
- ability to rip sprites and music for your own personal use
- easier to organize and no stacks of cartridges that scare off non-nerdish women.
- filters can be used to enhance graphics on old games.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Added DSP1 and SuperFX savestate support. (nitsuja)
- Added screen state GFX to save states. (optional) (nitsuja)
- Fixed desync when loading inconsistent state in playback. (nitsuja)
- When playback reaches a movie's end, recording continues instead of the movie suddenly closing. (after recording) (nitsuja)