SIMH is a highly portable, multi-system simulator. It consists of simulators for approximately 20 different computers, all written around a common user interface package and set of supporting libraries.
SIMH can be used to simulate any computer system for which sufficient detail is available, but the focus to date has been on simulating computer systems of historic interest.
SIMH implements simulators for:
- Data General Nova, Eclipse
- Digital Equipment Corporation PDP-1, PDP-4, PDP-7, PDP-8, PDP-9, PDP-10, PDP-11, PDP-15, VAX
- GRI Corporation GRI-909
- IBM 1401, 1620, 1130, 7090/7094, System 3
- Interdata (Perkin-Elmer) 16b and 32b systems
- Hewlett-Packard 2114, 2115, 2116, 2100, 21MX
- Honeywell H316/H516
- MITS Altair 8800, with both 8080 and Z80
- Royal-Mcbee LGP-30, LGP-21
- Scientific Data Systems SDS 940
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This version added support for readline in Unix and the break key under Windows.
· The HP2100 emulator has a fixed signal model, support for the 12821A HP-IB Disc Interface and 7906H/20H/25H ICD disc drives, and a MAC/ICD disc controller library.
· The PDP11 emulator received RD32 support and DELQA-T device emulation support.
· Many bugs were fixed.