OZvm is an open source software emulator for the Cambridge Z88 portable computer and an assembler debugging environment for Z80. It supports loading of application card binary and ROM files, which are compatible with a real Z88 portable computer.
The Z80 assembler features screen activity recording, Z80 instruction logging and a command-line. It is very useful for testing Z80 assembler programming of the Z88 operating system, as well as for third-party apps.
Being written in the Java language, OZvm is designed as a cross-platform application, supporting Linux, Mac OS X and Windows operating systems.
· Java 2 Standard Edition Runtime Environment
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Install and run any released ROM from Cambridge Computer (UK and foreign versions) from menu:
· All ROM's (except Icelandic) as they were released by Cambridge Computer throughout 1987 - 1990, are now bundled with the emulator, easily selectable from dropdown menu.
Double screen size:
· On desktops with high resolution, a 640x64 pixel screen of the Cambridge Z88 becomes quite small, so allow to magnify the Z88 screen as double size and experience the pixels details..
Mac OS X support:
· Previous releases were not working very well on Mac OS X. Graphical user interface has been optimized so single-button mouse on Mac can use to the Slots (to insert/remove cards). Mac application look and feel also done. Colours optimized to look well on Mac.
Improved Z80 CPU hardware emulation:
· RST 38H & RST 66H couldn't be marked with breakpoints. Interrupt blocking (IFF1 high) were not correctly implemented. Manipulate I and R registers from debug command line. NMI were not implemented properly. Stabilized 4Mb memory segmentation implementation (protect against Array out-of-bounds exceptions).
Improved Blink emulation:
· COM.RESTIM implemented. Don't emit KEY interrupt when key is released. Improved hard/soft reset emulation. F5 key or stop command now works when emulated Z88 is in COMA state.
User guide and debug command line help migrated to wiki:
· For more flexible maintainance, all previous help and debug command line reference has been moved to wiki pages. Access help from user interface will open a browser and load appropriate page on the wiki.
Execute debug command scripts when a breakpoint is encountered:
· Useful utility for integrating Z88 application compilation builds with the host desktop.