NeoRaine is a fast Neo Geo CD emulator.
NeoRaine is a fast emulator for the old Neo Geo CD game console, based on neocdpsp.
It does not try to emulate the raster effects. As a result, "Riding Hero" is unplayable because it simulates 3D effects using raster interrupts.
All other Neo Geo CD games should work.
Similar like what MESS is to MAME, NeoRaine shares code with the main project Raine and is developed alongside, so the source code is distributed together.
· Neo Geo CD BIOS
What's New in This Release:
· fix loading a mode1/2352 image with animations enabled
· Now supports audio tracks contained in the game image file (usually a bin file). I tested with a mode1/2048 image and a mode1/2352 one, so it should normally work everywhere. If you made your own image from a real cd, and all you can hear is a big "sssssshhhhhhh" instead of music, then there is a new option for you in sound options : "audio tracks format". Normally cd tracks should always be in lsb format, but some cd player swap the bytes when reading them, so you can try msb if the sound is broken for you, but normally you should never have to touch this option.
· See raine changelog for the stupid gui fixes of previous version.
· Basic support for playing directly an audio cd : if no external audio track can be found, then neoraine will try to play the 1st audio cd it can find. In linux it works only if you have the cable between the cdrom drive and your soundcard, in windows it works everywhere (converted to digital). This is the less "efficient" mode of playing : looping isn't supported, which means that in aero fighters the track won't loop during game play, and for now it doesn't try to save the current track position in savegames.
· When a cd track was played until its end, it stopped completely the cdda and you couldn't hear anymore any track. It's fixed now.
· The demo of street hoop didn't play correctly if loading animations were enabled. This bug affected only games which used the horizontal irq (very few) disabled speed hack for magical drop 2 as it made the menu much harder to use!