A NES/Famicom emulator.
NEStopia project is a NES/Famicom emulator.
- Supports .nes, .unf/.unif, and XML format ROMs, including Vs. and Playchoice 10 games
- Supports .fds discs
- Supports .nsf music rips
- All supported files can be extracted from zip or 7zip containers (an archive browser is not yet included – this assumes the common GoodSet case of one zip or 7zip per game)
- Supports save states
- Supports movie recordings
- Supports the “rewinder” – if you make a bad jump and screw up your game, press Backspace and the game will run in reverse. Press \ to take over again and try to fix your mistake.
- Friendly GUI configuration
- Autodetection of PAL and NTSC format games
- Supports drag and drop of compatible games and music rips from modern Linux file managers, including KDE’s Konqueror and GNOME’s Nautilus.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- XML ROM support
- Archive browser comes up automatically if you select a zip or 7zip archive with multiple NES files in it
- Option to select favored console
- More flexible video configuration including OpenGL hardware scaling