Jet Set Willy X 20061231
Jet Set Willy X is a game for Sinclair ZX Spectrum computer, playable on emulators.
There are no guardians and ropes, but the animation is twice as fast, absolutely smooth, and there is a 2-channel background tune.
The rooms are 20 characters high instead of 16, and can have a more complicated combination of graphics characters. There are 69 rooms and over 390 items to collect.
Differences from Jet Set Willy
· There are no guardians, however there are places where you are probably going to swear even without them.
· The guy walks twice as fast, the animation is smooth 50Hz instead of 25Hz, the guy has twice as much positions and the sprites are a bit different
· There are no ropes
· There is a 2-channel tune instead of 1-channel
· The guy can fall through a 1-character hole
· The rooms are 20 chars high instead of 16
· There are much more available different characters in one room
· The attributes in the room are not used to encode meaning of the characters, they can be set arbitrarily
· What happens after the game is completed is a bit more fun
· The jump looks a bit different
· When the guy enters a room from sideways, he doesn't start 1 character away from the edge, but at the edge
· The kill and collect sounds are different
· The kill and collect events generate an effect in the border
· The main voice of the tune continues playing during the kill or collect sound
· The initial scrolling of text is pixel-smooth
· There are 69 rooms and over 390 items to collect
The screenshot and the description are released under the terms of GFDL license.