Fuse project (the Free Unix Spectrum Emulator) was originally, and somewhat unsurprisingly, a Spectrum emulator for Unix.
· X, SDL, svgalib or framebuffer support. If you have GTK+ installed, you'll get a (much) nicer user interface under X.
· libspectrum: the Spectrum emulator file format and information library.
· If you want +3 support, you'll need John Elliott's lib765 installed; this is available from the bottom of the libdsk homepage; if you also have libdsk installed, you'll also get support for extended .dsk files.
· libgcrypt: the ability to digitally sign RZX files (note that Fuse requires version 1.1.42 or later).
· libpng: the ability to save screenshots.
· libxml2: the ability to load and save Fuse's current configuration.
· zlib: support for compressed RZX files.
- Working 16K, 48K, 128K, +2, +2A, +3, +3e, SE, TC2048, TC2068, TS2068, Pentagon 128 and Scorpion ZS 256 emulation, running at true Speccy speed on any computer you're likely to try it on.
- Support for loading from .tzx files.
- Sound (on systems supporting the Open Sound System, SDL or OpenBSD/Solaris's /dev/audio).
- Kempston joystick emulation.
- Emulation of the various printers you could attach to the Spectrum.
- Support for the RZX input recording file format, including 'competition mode'.
- Emulation of the DivIDE, Interface I, Kempston mouse, Spectrum +3e, ZXATASP and ZXCF interfaces.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 0.10.0.2
- This release fixes one major issue: loading acceleration did not work on some compilers due to a coding error.
- There are also a number of minor bugfixes.