FCEUX is a cross platform, PAL and NTSC Famicom/NES emulator that is an evolution of the original FCE Ultra emulator. Over time FCE Ultra had separated into many separate branches.
The concept behind FCEUX is to merge elements from FCE Ultra, FCEU rerecording, FCEUXD, FCEUXDSP, and FCEU-mm into a single branch of FCEU. As the X implies, it is an all-encompassing FCEU emulator that gives the best of all worlds for the general player, the ROM-hacking community, and the Tool-Assisted Speedrun Community.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added microphone support option. When enabled, Port 2 Start activates the Microphone. Added movie recording of mircophone
· Fully implemented "bulletproof" read-only
· Movie code now fully conforms to the Savestate section of the Laws of TAS
· Movies now have a "finished" mode.
· Implemented a "full savestate-movie load" mode similar to the implementation in VBA-rr and SNES9x-rr.
· Faster loading of Movies and Savestates
· New lua functions
· fixed zapper.read() crash on movie finished
· Fix PlayMovieFromBeginning when using a movie that starts from savestate
· New and improved input display
· Autohold display fixed with 4 player support
· Win32 NTSC Filter Video options
· Win32 - Many feature enhancements to the Cheats dialogue
· Win32 - Debugger - many crash bug fixes and breakpoint handling fixes