EmuExec is the right answer to make emulation on linux as simple as possible. But it is more than a simple multisystem frontend, you just have to see it by yourself.
What's New in This Release:
· Many, many bugfixes. Some parts rewritten.
· Now supports commandline options, which will be used prior to emuexec.conf
· Now dialog mode is selectable: kdialog, gnome, Xdialog
· Improved and rewritten automatic screenshot functionallity.
· Screenshots now generated using xwd, if imagemagicks (import) is not installed
· 3 New Compression formats supported : arj,lha,zoo
· Many new actions: e.g. install emulators using: emuexec [Driver] install
· Joystick helper application to deal with all tasks regarding input settings. Just execute "joyhelper -h" (requires perl)
· Joystick daemon to record button combos and execute commands during:
· Defaults: Button 1+2+3+4 = Screenshot , Button 5+6+7+8 = Exit emulator
· Automatic joystick setup for: dgen, freevo, mupen64, mythtv, sdlmame, sdlmess, snes9x, vba, xe, xmame and xmess
· Media control and Volume Control: Control Volume and Media players using button combos (try: joyhelper -joyd -mc amarok)
· Improved freevo and mythtv config generation
· Now xmess/sdlmess systems can be set inside emulatble.csv
· Autogenerate Mythtv and Freevo joystick settings using input.conf
· New emuexec option to use a single path to find software images
· Many smaller improvements and updates
· SDLMESS/SDLMAME driver added
· XMESS/XMAME driver improved
· SDL/XMESS system can now be specified on the commandline: e.g. "emuexec -system=sms sdlmess run Sonic.sms"