Basilisk II 1.0-Pre (20091004)
Basilisk II is a free, portable, Open Source 68k Mac emulator.
Here are some key features of "Basilisk II":
· Emulates either a Mac Classic (which runs MacOS 0.x thru 7.5) or a Mac II series machine (which runs MacOS 7.x, 8.0 and 8.1), depending on the ROM being used
· Uses UAE 68k emulation or (under AmigaOS and NetBSD/m68k) real 68k processor
· High performance JIT translation engine for x86 and x86_64 (AMD64, EM64T)
· Copy and paste of text between MacOS and the host OS
· Easy file exchange with the host OS via a “Host Directory Tree” icon on the Mac desktop
· Color video display with support for run-time resolution switching
· CD quality sound output
· Floppy disk driver (only 1.44MB disks supported)
· Driver for HFS partitions and hardfiles
· CD-ROM driver with basic audio functions
· Ethernet driver
· Serial drivers
· SCSI Manager (old-style) emulation
· Emulates extended ADB keyboard and 3-button mouse
What's New in This Release:
· The emulator now supports up to 1 GB of Mac memory.
· Mac OS idle wait is implemented so that the host processor is used only when necessary.
· A crash with the AppleShare extension has been fixed.
· SLiRP network emulation performance is improved.
· Ported to Mac OS X for Intel.