An Atari 8-bit computer and 5200 game system emulator for multiple platforms.
It runs on DOS, Windows, Amiga, Atari ST, Mac, and Linux/UNIX.
It includes support for Atari cartridge ROMs, popular Atari disk images files, running Atari binaries directly from the host system, and accessing the host filesystem from within the emulated Atari.
- Atari 400, 800, 600 XL, 800XL, 130XE, 5200 Games System.
- 130XE compatible memory expansions: 320K, 576K, 1088K.
- Optional 4K RAM between 0xc000 and 0xcfff in 400/800 mode.
- Cycle-exact 6502 emulation, all unofficial instructions.
- Cycle-exact NMI interrupts, scanline-based POKEY interrupts.
- Cycle-exact ANTIC and GTIA emulation, all display modes.
- Player/Missile Graphics, exact priority control and collision detection.
- Exact POKEY registers (sound and random number generator).
- 8 disk drives, emulated at computer-to-drive communication and fast patched SIO levels.
- ATR, XFD, DCM, ATR.GZ and XFD.GZ disk images.
- Direct loading of Atari executable files and Atari BASIC programs.
- 42 cartridge types, raw and CART .
- Cassette recorder, raw and CAS images.
- Printer support.
- Files can be stored directly on your host computer via the H: device.
- Current emulation state can be saved in a state file.
- Sound support on Unix using "/dev/dsp".
- Stereo (two POKEYs) emulation.
- Joystick controller using numeric keypad.
- Real joystick support.
- Paddles, Atari touch tablet, Koala pad, light pen, light gun, ST/Amiga mouse, Atari trak-ball, joystick and Atari 5200 analog controller emulated using mouse.
- R-Time 8 emulation using host computer clock.
- Atari palette read from a file or calculated basing on user-defined parameters.
- Screen snapshots (normal and interlaced) to PCX and PNG files.
- Sound output may be written to WAV files.
- User interface on all versions supporting bitmapped graphics.
- R: device (the Atari850 serial ports) mapped to net or real serial port.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- New features:
- added Axlon and Mosaic RAM expansions for Atari 400/800
- added emulation of 1400XL, 1450XLD, MIO and Black Box
- added support of .PRO copy-protected disk images