AdvanceSCAN project is a commandline ROM manager for emulators.
AdvanceSCAN is a command line ROM manager for MAME, MESS, AdvanceMAME, AdvanceMESS, and Raine for Unix, DOS, and Windows.
Here are some key features of "AdvanceSCAN":
· Directly read, write zip archives without decompressing and recompressing them for the best performance.
· Add, copy, move and rename files in the zip archives. Any rom that you have is placed automatically in the correct zip.
· Recognize the text files added by rom sites and delete them.
· Recognize the text files added by the rom dumpers and keep or delete them.
· It's safe. On all the zip operations any file removed or overwritten is saved in the `rom_unknown' `sample_unknown' directories and kept for future uses. This will prevent any unwanted remove operation.
· Generate differential rom sets.
What's New in This Release:
· New rom zips are now created only if at least one unique rom is found. Roms shared with other games don't trigger the zip creation. For example, galaga88
· and pacmania share the rom ns1-mcu.bin. This functionality prevents the creation of the galaga88 zip from a correct copy of pacmania using only the
· ns1-mcu.bin file.
· Relaxed a consistency check for the local header in zip files. The crc and size entries are allowed to contain the real value also if a data descriptor is present.