memtest86+ is a memory tester which is based on memtest86 v3.0, and provides an up-to-date version of this useful tool, which aims to be as reliable as the original.
It has been fixed to work on AMD64 systems, and also properly detects all current CPUs and motherboard chipsets. The project supports ECC polling for AMD64, i875P, and E7205, and displays some useful settings for the most popular chipsets.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added failsafe mode (press F1 at startup)
· Added support for Intel "Sandy Bridge" CPU
· Added support for AMD "fusion" CPU
· Added Coreboot "table forward" support
· Corrected some memory brands not detected properly
· Various bug fixes