PHPloghost is a web based application meant to make your system logging more accesible.
On a single system this is not a problem, nor is it a problem when you're sending all your loghost data into one single file.
The problem comes when you're organising the logging from each different host into a different file, maybe even split files on date, or whatever scheme you use for structuring your data on disk. This can make it a tedious job to go through all your logs, and it's almost impossible to get a quick overview of problems in your entire serverpark.
Now PHPloghost doesn't solve all those problems in a single app, it's meant to be an addition to a set of industry standard tools. It's the last part of the cycle, providing you with a web-based interface to the result of those tools.
Here are some key features of "PHPloghost":
· Web-based interface to all your syslog data in a MySQL database.
· Google-like search functionality
· Search through a day worth of logs, or 1 week, or a month or a year, you decide!
· Include a filter in this search (see below)
· Search through the logging for a specific application or Syslog facility.
· Select the logging for a specific
· day, week, month, year
· log level
· PHP 4.3.x
· Syslog-NG 1.6x
· MySQL 4.0.x