Open MPI 1.6.5 / 1.7.4
A High Performance Message Passing Library
A completely new MPI-2 compliant implementation, Open MPI offers advantages for software and system vendors, computer science researchers, and application developers.
- Full MPI-2 standards conformance
- Thread safety and concurrency
- Dynamic process spawning
- High performance on all platforms
- Reliable and fast job management
- Network and process fault tolerance
- Support data and network heterogeneity
- Single library supports all networks
- Run-time instrumentation
- Many job schedulers supported
- Many OS's supported (32 and 64 bit)
- Production quality software
- Portable and maintainable
- Tunable by installers and end-users
- Extensive user and installer guides
- Internationalized error messages
- Component-based design, documented APIs
- CPAN-like tool for component management
- Active, responsive mailing list
- Open source license based on the BSD license
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 1.7.4
- Process affinity is now used by default.
- Support was provided for all remaining MPI-3 functionality except MPI-3 one-sided semantics: all remaining non-blocking collectives, neighborhood collectives, const and  array notation, non-blocking communicator duplication, and non-collective communicator creation.
- SCIF communication support with the Intel Phi was added.
- New Java MPI bindings were provided.