HA-JDBC project is a JDBC driver implementation that provides light-weight, transparent clustering capabilities to groups of homogeneous JDBC- accessed databases.
Here are some key features of "HA-JDBC":
· Supports any database accessible via JDBC.
· High-availability - Database cluster can lose a node without failing the current transaction.
· Improves performance of concurrent read-access by distributing load across individual nodes.
· Support for full JDBC 3.0 (Java 1.4) feature set.
· Compatible with JDBC RowSet implementations found in Java 1.5.
· Out-of-the-box database-independent strategies for synchronizing a failed cluster node.
· Exposes JMX management interface to allow administration of database clusters.
· Open source (LGPL).
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed parsing of local attribute of database, datasource, etc.