Simple *nix backup system
wisbak is a backup system which backs up hosts through ssh to encrypted media (such as external drives). It supports automatic proper initialization of the media, detection of the backup media (no need to mess around with /dev/sdX crap, it doesn't matter if the media changes device name), exclude file, has no need to be installed on the client (all that's needed client-side is GNU tar and an ssh server), full and differential backups, tracking of deleted files for proper restores, and more.
- backup with GNU tar, through ssh for remote hosts
- full and differential backups
- keeps track of deleted files (through tar's snapshot files)
- backs up to encrypted media
- fully automatic media setup and detection
- doesn't care if your backup media has a different device path every time (/dev/sdh one day, /dev/sdk the next)
- support for exclude file for excluding files and directories
- will not span filesystems (if you backup /home on host foo, and /home/bob/remote_fs is an NFS-mounted remote directory, wisbak will not back it up, you must specify it as a separate backup target)
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!