fwbackups 1.43.2 / 1.43.3 RC3
A feature-rich user backup program
fwbackups offers a simple but powerful interface that permits you to perform backups with ease. With support for scheduled backups and backing up to remote computers, you will never have to worry about losing your data again. For more information, select a page from the menu on the left of this text.
- Simple interface:
- Configuring new backups or restoring documents from a previous backup is a breeze with the all-new Qt-based interface.
- It doesn't matter if you're running Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X or Linux - fwbackups will protect you from data loss. This also makes fwbackups handy if you'd like to move your files from one computer to another - just make a backup on one machine and restore it on the other.
- Flexible backup configuration:
- Our development team didn't sacrifice any features when designing fwbackups. Choose between a variety of backup format and backup modes, including the archive format and clone copy mode for recovering data off of damaged disks.
- Backup your files to any computer:
- fwbackups can backup files to a locally attached drive like USB memory keys or to a remote computer such as a backup server, making it perfect for both home and corporate environments.
- Backup the entire computer:
- Create disk images of so that the entire operating system, documents and applications are safe.
- Scheduled and one-time backups:
- Choose to run a backup once (on demand) or periodically so you never have to worry about losing your data again.
- Make your backups faster by copying only the changes since your last backup with the incremental or differential backup modes.
- Exclude files or folders:
- Don't waste space on your disks by backing up files you don't need.
- Organized and clean:
- fwbackups takes care of the organization of backups, including the removal of expired ones so you don't have to worry about organizing the backups. It also lets you select a backup to restore from with a list of dates.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 1.43.3 RC3
- On Linux and OS X, the permissions of the fwbackups user directory are changed to prevent unauthorized access to stored passwords
- On Linux and OS X, backing up files will now show the backup progress as well as the name of the current file being backed up.
- Support for restore operations from remote folders (note: file permissions are not preserved)
- Fixed a problem that would cause backups to hang on Debian-based Linux distributions if the print a list of installed packages to a file option was enabled