dumpnet is a collection of bash scripts that allows you to backup multiple servers simultaneously.
dumpnet is a collection of bash scripts that allows you to backup multiple servers simultaneously. You can do incremental file system dumps with tar, dump and rsync, backup databases and much more. AIDE can also easily be integrated.
- Dumpnet is implemented in bash scripts only.
- It's a hard disk based backup solution - no tapes are necessary.
- The backup machine on which dumpnet is installed func- tions as a SSH client while the target hosts (the hosts to be backuped) function as SSH servers. Public key authentication is used.
- Due to the use of SSH all traffic between the backup machine and the target hosts is encrypted and can be run over the Internet.
- Dumpnet only needs to be installed on the backup machine.
- Dumpnet is flexible and highly configurable.
- Incremental filesystem backups can be done easily using dump, tar or rsync.
- Integration of auditing and intrusion detection tools such as AIDE (Advanced Intrusion Detection Environ- ment) and nmap.
- Full support for sudo - no remote root login is required.
- The report generated about a backup session can be sent via email. Encryption using GnuPG is supported.
- It provides extensive logging.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!