ccollect does (pseudo) incremental full backups with different exclude lists, using hard links and rsync.
ccollect backups data from local or remote hosts to your local harddisk. Using hard links, only very less space is needed for this kind of backup.
It uses rsync for synchronisation. Currently the documentation is not very good, but you should be able to configure ccollect with the help of the example configuration in conf/.
ccollect was inspired by rsnapshot , which had some problems:
- configuration parameters had to be TAB seperated
- you could not specify exclude lists differently for every source
- no parallel execution
- I didn't like the configuration at all, so I used the cconfig style .
Simply copy it to a directory in your $PATH.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Introduce consistenst time sorting (John Lawless)
- Check for source connectivity before trying backup (John Lawless)
- Defensive programming patch (John Lawless)
- Some code cleanups (argument parsing, usage) (Nico Schottelius)