GNOME/KDE Archiving/Backup Tool
Storeman is ideal suited to backup / store files on NAS boxes or on USB disk drives - and for searching files without the need to have the storage devices permanently online.
- unpack and copy the folder StoreMan from the zip to a place of your choice
- on Linux systems /opt/StoreMan is a good choice
- Python 2.4.x, 2.5.x or 2.6.x has to be installed (this is default on Linux systems)
- install wxPython 2.8.x (package python-wxgtk2.8 on Ubuntu) or better
- locate and double click storeman.pyw or run from a command line
"python ./storeman.pyw" (Linux)
"pythonw .storeman.pyw" (Windows)
When StoreMan is up and running, press F1 for help or double click storeman.html to view the program help in your default webbrowser.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Fixed: problem with TreeControl
- Improved: better update mechanism and more
- Updated: Help file