RESTORE was developed by Holonyx Ruffdogs and is an enterprise network backup and recovery solution for Unix and Linux systems.
RESTORE is scalable to a complete backup solution for multiple workstations and servers in distributed network environments. Holonyx Ruffdogs is placing RESTORE into the open-source community.
Looking for a backup solution that offers simple backups, minimal maintenance, easy file restoration, and can be customized to fit your network's needs? Look no further.
RESTORE is an enterprise server-based backup and data recovery system. Restore can back up servers on any operating system and restore your files with just a few mouse clicks. You can back up or restore your files simply by navigating a directory tree.
With RESTORE, you can manually start a backup before doing major work on a system, manage scheduled backups, restore files from numerous points in time, or even create users to manage their backups themselves.
In an effort to fit every part of your business's needs, RESTORE allows for scheduled backups as well as the capability to back up computers in multiple physical locations. In addition, RESTORE does not have to be installed on the client side; the machines being backed up need only grant Restore secured access to their systems.
And, of course, the security a backup system offers is only any good if you know it's working. This is why Restore can be configured to send scheduled reports on the status of backups via e-mail to both the administrator and its users, so you always know your data is safe.
Here are some key features of "RESTORE":
· Browser Based- Access your RESTORE system remotely from anywhere using the internet. This allows for users and administrators to run backups or check the status at any time.
· Access Backups via WebDAV- RESTORE provides a secure environment for accessing/editing/managing files on web-servers.
· Perminssionable at User Level- Give individuals and groups specified permissions on filestores.
· Security- Set up what you want your users and groups to access.
· Multiple Revisions- of filestores, which allow you to choose the specific filestore you wish to recover at a certain time.
· Error Reporting- Receive reports of errors on the system on various levels and at various intervals.
· Dynamic Scheduling- Allows for simple and complex scheduling that is fully customizable.
· Backup Many Operating Systems- Linux, OS X, Windows (95, 98, 2000, ME, XP NT) and Novell Netware.
· Rapid Recovery- Quickly and easily restore files that you need recovered in real time.
· Incremental- RESTORE will backup only the files that have been modified since the previous backup took place, optimizing disk space and bandwidth usage.
· SSH/SFTP- Backup Linux/Unix operating systems including OS X.
· MySQL Database- You can backup your MySQL Database.
· Servers and Workstations- Backup all server and workstaions regardless of operating system.
· FTP Sites- Allows your company to backup websites and online storage.
· Notification- RESTORE will email the administrator and users of successful and failed backups.
· Offsite Backup- (coming soon) Your company can have a separate copy of data kept at an off-site location as a second security resource.
What's New in This Release:
· A major snapshot bug was fixed.
· This is the Debian/Ubuntu file release.