Midnight Backup is a flexable framework composed of plugins that will allow system administrators to develop sophisticated backup systems.
It will be cross-network and cross-platform, allowing clients to submit data to servers for backup purposes. It will have a high level of admin control though filters and a pervasive "plug-in" architecture. Midnight Backup will be under an Open Source/Free Software license.
Here are some key features of "Midnight Backup":
· Network Oriented
· Fully Modular and Extensible Design
· Easy Add-On Creation
· "Bare Metal" Recovery through creation of custom boot disks
· Authentication and Encryption between clients and servers
· Bandwidth Usage Optimization for low-bandwidth connections
· The ability for users to recover their own data without admin intervention
· Multiple output media support (CDrom/CDrw, ftape, disk, etc)
What's New in This Release:
· After a year and a half hiatus, here is version 0.6 of mbackup. This has been completely rewritten in c++. See README and doc/object-description.txt for more info.