Magic Settings Wizard 0.1
Magic Settings Wizard is designed to quickly and easily restore or backup your favorite applications settings.
Magic Settings Wizard can backup/restore through an FTP location used as a storage medium.
Here are some key features of "Magic Settings Wizard":
· backup or restore applications settings : select which ones from a list.
· personal home dir is automatically detected by default, but another directory can be specified.
· communicates with a FTP server specified by the user.
· FTP settings may be saved in a config file.
· a FTP directory may be created from the interface if needed.
· add your own applications settings definitions if yours don't exist in the database (edit 'settings_definitions.py').
· You simply need the Python runtime environement with PyQt module (also kwown as 'Qt bindings module for Python').
· Tested on KDE 3.5.0 with Python 2.3.4 and PyQt 3.14
Extract the archive. From the commandline, change dir to the extracted folder and type in :