KaTeker is a backup tool for Linux useful for small companies and private people. It saves data onto hard disk and CDs or other random access media.
Here are some key features of "KaTeker":
· saving data onto hard disk
· saving the archives onto multiple media like CD
· a graphical user interface
· restoring files: finding the version of a file to restore and restoring is in most cases a task of less than 1 minute
· a data base with information on the media and the data saved onto the media
· incremental backup
· periodical backup
· supporting restore on crashed systems because using tar or dar archives in a mirrored directory structure
· Linux, cdrecord, tar, perl 5.6
· 25 Mbyte disk space including documentation and integrated help
· 4.4 Mbyte disk space without documentation and integrated help
· not less than 128 Mbyte RAM
· Disk space saving the backup data.
· CD-recorder supported by Linux and cdrecord