Q7Z is a P7Zip GUI for Linux, which attempts to simplify data compression and backup.
- Update existing archives quickly
- Backup multiple folders to a storage location
- Create or extract protected archives
- Lessen effort by using archiving profiles and lists
Ark (2.6.3) is handy but it doesn't seem to:
- Create archives with passwords
- Extract (some) archives with passwords
- Update existing archives by default
Q7Z is a simple application that attempts to fill these voids. It probably won't become a total archiving solution.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Added the ability to toggle the Auto-Quit state
- Enhanced the information notification techniques
- Improvements were made to the update checking code
- Made several minor changes to the code structure