Truly dependable backup means backing up to multiple locations - not just online - which until now could be complicated. CrashPlan PRO is a software that automatically backs up to multiple destinations for FREE!
CrashPlan's groundbreaking social backup concept makes it easy to back up to computers belonging to your network of friends or family for offsite backup, in addition to using your own computers and external drives for onsite backup. CrashPlan works on all your computers, so you don't have to worry about compatibility either.
CrashPlan is true backup; uncomplicated, reliable and even a little fun.
IMPORTANT! CrashPlan auto-updates to the latest version. You do not need to download it again once it's installed.
Here are some key features of "CrashPlan PRO":
· FREE for personal backup
· More reliable than online backup alone
· Once daily automatic backup
· Onsite and offsite destinations
· Backs up attached drives
· Crashplan runs on PCs, Macs, Linux and Solaris. And only CrashPlan lets you back up to and restore from any combination of operating systems.
· Multi-destination backup means that if something happens to one of your backup locations, you'll be able to restore from another. Plus you have a choice of destinations from which to restore your files.
· CrashPlan's enterprise-grade 128-bit encryption secures your files at the source, even before they're backed up. Only you can access your files.
· 30-day free trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
New Features / Enhancements:
· Automatically pause backups when you're running low on battery. This option allows you to conserve battery power when you're running low by not backing up. Backup resumes when battery power returns to a level you specify or when you are plugged back in.
· Permission option when restoring files for another user. When you're restoring files, you have the option to restore file with the original user's file permissions or with the permissions belonging to the person who is restoring.
· Automatically pause backups over selected networks or interfaces. You now have the option to automatically pause backups when you are on specific networks (e.g., Wi-Fi) or using specific interfaces.
· Mac users: Menu bar icon and controls. There is now a CrashPlan menu bar for Mac users. Windows users have appreciated the easy access to basic CrashPlan features right from the menu bar. Now Mac users can enjoy this same convenient feature.
· Version retention settings are now based on the highest priority backup set for a specific destination (not all ALL destinations.)
· New file types are automatically excluded from backup. /var/log/lastlog, /var/log/btmp, /var/log/wtmp
· As part of the initial release process, the dashboard real-time statistics have been temporarily disabled. They will resume when the release process is finalized.
· We improved out QoS setting (TCP packet TOS) so that it now supports custom DSCP.
· Real-time file watcher now works properly on Linux installations with 3.x series kernels
· Attaching an archive no longer adversely affects existing archive.
· Setting up a backup to an attached drive no longer redirects to the local install path of CrashPlan.