BZ Backup is a simple, and very customizable, backup utility that uses rsync to do backup. The project is focused to help system admins to setup easily a reliable backup. It consists of a set of shell scripts, highly customizable, to deal with backup/recovery, local or remote, task using the powerful rsync!
It is a free software released under GPLv3 License. Installing and/or using this software implies that you agreed with GPLv3 terms.
Before run BZ Backup for the first time, it's necessary to configure it. You can do it by editing the bzbackup file directly or editing the backup.conf file (recommended) and calling bzbackup with '-c' option.
The bzbackup.conf file is self-explanatory.
For configuration example see sample.conf file.
To run bzbackup at cron, we recommend that you create a simple script to add to you /etc/cron.(freq)/ dir calling bzbackuo with the right config file.
Eg.: To run bzbackup daily, create the following script file and drop it at /etc/cron.daily
/path/to/bzbackup -c /path/to/bzbackup.conf backup
Here are some key features of "BZ Backup":
· backup and recover operation
· backup/recover remote (over ssh) or local
· pre and pos functions
· interactive and non-interactive mode
· mail notification
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· BzBackup 1.4 now suports folders with SPACE at name, such as "/home/user/Ubuntu One/folder".
However is necessary to made some changes the config file:
· backup_dir=("/home/user/Ubuntu One/folder" /other/folder)
· backup_dir="/home/user/folder /other/folder"