BZ Backup 1.4
BZ Backup is a simple, and very customizable, backup utility that uses rsync to do backup.
It is a free software released under GPLv3 License. Installing and/or using this software implies that you agreed with GPLv3 terms.
Before run BZ Backup for the first time, it's necessary to configure it. You can do it by editing the bzbackup file directly or editing the backup.conf file (recommended) and calling bzbackup with '-c' option.
The bzbackup.conf file is self-explanatory.
For configuration example see sample.conf file.
To run bzbackup at cron, we recommend that you create a simple script to add to you /etc/cron.(freq)/ dir calling bzbackuo with the right config file.
Eg.: To run bzbackup daily, create the following script file and drop it at /etc/cron.daily
/path/to/bzbackup -c /path/to/bzbackup.conf backup
- backup and recover operation
- backup/recover remote (over ssh) or local
- pre and pos functions
- interactive and non-interactive mode
- mail notification
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- BzBackup 1.4 now suports folders with SPACE at name, such as "/home/user/Ubuntu One/folder".
- However is necessary to made some changes the config file: