BAR is an user back-up utility.
BAR, Backup And Restore, is for a user who desires to back-up his Home directory each week or day using cron or a similar programme and transferring those backups at the end each month to another medium for safer storage. It is designed to be the most hands-off back-up utility possible. The best setup is to have the home user's Backup folder be a separate hard drive from the one that stores their files. Using that setup you'll have three copies of all your files.
Here are some key features of "BAR":
· Only files that are unique to the user are archived. Reducing storage space and running time.
· All backups are broken down and stored by months for a convenient way of storing the backups on a CD/DVD.
· The first backup of each month is a full backup with every backup following being an incremental one.
· Backups all the users on a server at one time, with each user having their own backup.
· Each backup is specific to the user.