p7zip is a port of 7za.exe for Unix, Mac OS X, and BeOS.
7za.exe is the command line version of 7-zip.
7-Zip is a file archiver with highest compression ratio.
Since 4.10, p7zip (like 7-zip) supports little-endian and big-endian machines.
- edit install.sh to change DEST_HOME
- ./install.sh : to install
Remark : you must be "root" to install 7za in the directory "/usr/local"
- 7za is a stand-alone program, you can put this program where you want. example : cp bin/7za /usr/local/bin/7za
- 7z needs its plugins. You must copy the file 7z and the two directories Formats and Codecs in the same destination directory.
- if you want to be able to create SFX archive, copy bin/7zCon.sfx to the directory where 7za or 7z can be found.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- p7zip 9.20 - "unsupported method" with RAR files - " fixed "install.sh" installs again "bin/Codecs/Rar29.so"