mpq-tools is a tool for manipulating mpq archives.
MPQ, or MoPaQ, is a proprietary archive format created by Mike O'Brien, the man hailed as Blizzard's multiplayer engine genius, back in 1996 as a general purpose archive for use with Diablo, and named narcissistically for its creator - "Mike O'brien PaCK". The copyrights to it, however, are held by Havas Interactive, Blizzard's parent company. The archive format is used by many Blizzard titles like Diablo, Diablo 2, Starcraft, Warcraft 2: BNE or a newer version in Warcraft 3.
1. Download mpq-tools-0.x.x.tar.gz
2. tar xzf mpq-tools-0.x.x.tar.gz && cd mpq-tools-0.x.x
3. ./configure && make && make install
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This release has its main focus on the latest libmpq release.
- It supports extraction of protected Warcraft 3 maps and full support for World of Warcraft - The Burning Crusade.
- It is able to handle archives and files larger than 2 GB.