mpq-tools is a tool for manipulating mpq archives. At this moment mpq-tools is able to show you file informations and extracting files by their corresponding number. Since version 0.4.0 it includes a full API documentation for developers.
MPQ, or MoPaQ, is a proprietary archive format created by Mike O'Brien, the man hailed as Blizzard's multiplayer engine genius, back in 1996 as a general purpose archive for use with Diablo, and named narcissistically for its creator - "Mike O'brien PaCK". The copyrights to it, however, are held by Havas Interactive, Blizzard's parent company. The archive format is used by many Blizzard titles like Diablo, Diablo 2, Starcraft, Warcraft 2: BNE or a newer version in Warcraft 3.
1. Download mpq-tools-0.x.x.tar.gz
2. tar xzf mpq-tools-0.x.x.tar.gz && cd mpq-tools-0.x.x
3. ./configure && make && make install
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This release has its main focus on the latest libmpq release.
· It supports extraction of protected Warcraft 3 maps and full support for World of Warcraft - The Burning Crusade.
· It is able to handle archives and files larger than 2 GB.