YOURI stands for "Youri Offers an Upload & Repository Infrastucture". YOURI project aims to build tools making management of a coherent set of packages easier.
Running a package distribution project involves a lot of tasks:
· allow individual maintainers to upload packages in a central repository
· create packages index for packages managers such as urpmi or yum
· synchronise developement resources such as CVS or bugzilla
· advertise new packages
· sign packages numerically
· check individual packages consistency
· check global repository consistency
The quick'n'dirty approach of using a pile of dedicated shell scripts, with hardcoded distributer-specific policies, generally results quickly in a maintainance nightmare for admins and a discrepancy nightmare for users. YOURI aims to leverage those issues by providing a generic package management framework, focused on code reusability and modularity.
To install, just use: