Xarchiver is a GTK2 only frontend to rar, zip, tar, bzip and gzip.
Xarchiver is a gtk+2 ONLY frontend to zip,rar,tar,bzip2 and gzip. Future releases will support 7zip and distro based packages (rpm,deb).
Xarchiver allows you to create,add, extract and delete files in the above formats.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Allow bzip2/lzop/gzip/lzma compressed files to be created through drag and drop.
· Fixed seg-fault when drag and drop to the sidebar.
· Fixed double entries display when adding to tar only archives.
· Changed suffix for tar.lzop to tar.lzo.
· Changed lzop suffix to lzo.
· Made the Options tab in the add dialog to be grayed out when using file compressors like bzip2 and gzip.
· Fixed fixed size of the iconview in the pref dialog.
· Fixed reset of the temp directory to use back to /tmp.
· Fixed bug when adding to rar archives with password.
· Made the password field to work when extracting with the -e switch a password protected archive.
· Fixed bug when adding with the thunar archive plugin.
· Fixed missed deletion of files with tar.lzop compressed archives.
· Enabled password field in the extract dialog when using the -e switch.
· Fixed disabled buttons after creating a new archive.