UnAce is a compression tool that crunches the last free bit from your data, but takes twice to ten times longer for compressing.
When you want to compress your files, you should be looking for a tool that offers excellent performance in three categories:
· compression ratio
· compression speed
A compression tool that crunches the last free bit from your data, but takes twice to ten times longer for compressing and - even worse - for extracting your data probably will not work for you - or your customers.
On the other hand, a compression tool that deflates your files as quick as lightning but leaves a lot of "air" in the compressed file will not take you far either.
So you are most likely looking for a versatile tool that:
· blends both compression speed and power in an intuitive interface
· gives you quick and convenient access to your archives during your everyday work
· but also allows you to use all the extra features for professional file distribution - like password protection, disk-spanning archives or the possibility to create self-extracting archives?
Well, look no further. We would like to invite you to take a closer look at WinAce, the new companion for your archiving needs.
Here are some key features of "UnAce":
· compression of the following formats: ACE, ZIP, LHA, MS-CAB, JAVA JAR
· decompression of: ACE, ZIP, LHA, MS-CAB, RAR, ARC, ARJ, GZip, TAR, ZOO, JAR
· multi-volume (disk spanning) archives for ACE, ZIP, CAB
· self-extracting archives (SFX) for ACE and ZIP
· password encryption & recovery records for data protection
· Integrity check for ACE, ZIP, LHA, MS-CAB, RAR, ARC, ARJ, GZip, TAR, ZOO, JAR
· Repair functionality for ACE and ZIP archives
· Authenticity verification for ACE archives
· comment files in HTML, ANSI or ASCII for ACE- and ZIP-Archives
· full command line access (compatible with DOS ACE)
· detailed information for all archive types
· Quickviewer for graphic files, Word Documents, HTML pages and ASCII files
· full drag&drop support
· complete file-management (copying, moving and deleting of files and directories)
· optimization of existing archives
· access to your archives in Windows Explorer and via the context menu (shell extension)
· table of contents in the "Properties" panel of ACE and ZIP files (shell extension)
· ... and so much more!
UNACE < command > [-< sw1 > ...] < archive > [< base_dir >] [< files >/@< filelist >]
< Commands > t Test archive integrity
e Extract files v List archive (verbose)
l List archive x Extract files with full path
< Switches > (default) (default)
c[-] Show comments (+) p Set password
f[-] Full path matching (-) y[-] Assume yes on all queries (-)
o[-] Overwrite files (-)
x< files/@list > Exclude < files > or files in < list > from process