RAR software is a powerful tool allowing you to manage and control archive files. Console RAR supports archives only in RAR format, the names of which usually have a ".rar" extension.
ZIP and other formats are not supported. RAR is a cross-platform application (command-line only) that supports Linux, Mac OS X and Windows operating systems.
- RAR 5.0 archives can include an optional quick open information controlled with -qo[-|+] switch or "Quick open information" options group in archiving dialog. It allows to open the archive contents in WinRAR faster.
- This version provides better update performance for archives containing both quick open information and service records, such as NTFS file security. Also default parameters of quick open information are optimized to achieve faster open time for such archives.
- Bugs fixed:
- "Find" command could fail when searching text string in .7z archives;
- when opening RAR 5.0 archive with encrypted file names stored in another such archive, WinRAR could issue an erroneous message that password is incorrect. It happened only if passwords to inner and outer archives were different. It did not affect extraction, all files could be unpacked regardless of this message;
- option "Use for all archives" in password dialog did not suppress additional password requests for RAR 5.0 archives with en...