Nexenta Storage Appliance 1.0.2
Nexenta Storage Appliance is a software based NAS that meets the current feature sets of the best of breed NAS.
The product is designed and built to operate as 2nd tier storage alongside pre-existing commercial storage, providing online continuation of data for months and years, with tapes relegated to archival purposes only. The appliance is targeted for 2nd-tier NAS and iSCSI applications requiring extremely low cost storage as well as dramatically simplified provisioning, expansion, backup, replication and archiving. Nexenta Storage Appliance can also be used as a primary NAS in businesses that wish to expand at closer to commodity pricing.
Cost: Save 80% or more over proprietary products! Leverage industry standard x86/64 servers and off-the-shelf commodity hardware.
Freedom: Simplify storage deployment by running Nexenta Storage Appliance on x86/64 hardware, server blades, or common virtualization platforms.
Control: Open source base, open standards, and community participation allow for faster feature integration, better quality assurance, and the freedom to build your own custom solutions.
What's New in This Release:
· NMCD may be used as a reliable SMF service.
· Dynamic volroot was added to support mounting volumes at arbitrary mountpoints.
· A patch to write throttle results in excessive delay was integrated.
· An IBM ServeRAID SATA (IPS) driver was added.
· Additional interfaces were added for NMV, namely lunsync and volume version.
· Many bugs were fixed.
Nexenta Storage Appliance
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!