Mar project is a simple binary file format for storing arbitrary meta and user data.
Both the mar library and the accompanying utility are written in C with the intention of porting to many platforms. A set of C++ wrapper classes (along with a test file that utilises these classes) are included.
These classes provide familar stream and iterator abstractions over the mar library. The package has currently been tested on PCs running FreeBSD, Linux and Windows ME, 2000 & XP. Some testing has also been conducted on architectures running HPUX & Solaris
What's New in This Release:
· The general portability of the package has been improved.
· Alignment issues have been resolved on non-i386 architectures.
· A Makefile has now been added to the source directory.
· Additional debug output has been added.
· A number of API calls now return MAR_NOMATCH.