jsfirewall increases the safety for the desktop PC with one network card.
The program is quickly administrated and it is easy to generate an iptables based firewall script.
It has no ROUTER function, but is a personal firewall and it is developed for use behind a router or for direct connections like ppp over ethernet.
jsfirewall uses the program "dialog", you can use it either on the X server or on the console.
Advanced features are built in and you can save or view logging files, tuning the logging and the kernel parameters, save and load, or delete, generated firewall templates.
There is optional support for an additional portrange as the default and you can give one command owner for every chosen port.
Unpack the tar ball: tar xzf jsfirewall-0.7.1.tar.gz
Open the file jsfirewall.conf and change the settings if you want (e.g. with vi).
Run ./install.sh in the console.
OPTIONS: install, update, cancel
What's New in This Release:
· A completly new config section was written.
· You can now edit in the "config" menu directly like in the "global" menu. jsfirewall now supports OpenVPN and can generate an OpenVPN styled firewall script.
· Help can now support all languages.
· All sections of the code were split into scripts.
· The program is now faster and open for other GUI languages and iptables based generator scripts.
· I The LANG variable in 0.7.1 was renamed to LANGU.