gpgutils package contains GNUPG utilities including gpgedit, gpgsignfiles and gpgverifyfiles.
gpgedit usage: ./gpgedit < filename >
gpgverifyfiles usage: ./gpgverifyfiles < signedfilename > [--signeddirectoryname < signeddirectoryname > --hashflag < hashflag >]
hashflag: 0 - MD5 only signed hashes, 1 - multiple, extensible signed hashes
1) Check you have gpg, md5sum, sha1sum and shred installed and that you
have created a key (gnupg and coreutils packages under GNU/Debian)
2) Make sure the supplied scripts are executable (chmod u+x gpg*)
Note that when any of the scripts is first run, it will generate an rc file in your home directory called .gpgutils. This can be customised as required. Additionally, the placing of a .gpgutils file in any directory will override this when the scripts are run from the given directory.
What's New in This Release:
· Minor bug fix of output from gpgverifyfiles
· Minor bug fix to the scripts regarding quoting
· Added file permission checks on .gpgutils files