A curses-based password encryption tool.
The text based user interface allows to run YAPET easy and painlessly in a Secure Shell session. A companion utility called csv2yapet enables users to convert CSV files to YAPET files previously exported from other password managers.
- Blowfish encryption with 448 bits key using the OpenSSL library.
- passwords are not kept clear text in memory.
- doesn't depend on graphical user interfaces and their "dependency
- hell" due to a text based user interface.
- only dependent of two libraries: OpenSSL and curses/ncurses
- locks the terminal on inactivity.
- a utility to convert CSV files to the native YAPET format.
- built-in password generator.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Password records are opened in read-only mode for viewing in order to prevent accidental changes.
- The password prompt of the lock screen will now time-out. YAPET can be closed from the lock screen.