YAPET is a text based password manager using the Blowfish encryption algorithm. Since it has a small footprint and very few dependencies, it is well suited for use on both desktop and server systems.
The text based user interface allows to run YAPET easy and painlessly in a Secure Shell session. A companion utility called csv2yapet enables users to convert CSV files to YAPET files previously exported from other password managers.
Here are some key features of "YAPET":
· Blowfish encryption with 448 bits key using the OpenSSL library.
· passwords are not kept clear text in memory.
· doesn't depend on graphical user interfaces and their "dependency
· hell" due to a text based user interface.
· only dependent of two libraries: OpenSSL and curses/ncurses
· locks the terminal on inactivity.
· a utility to convert CSV files to the native YAPET format.
· built-in password generator.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Password records are opened in read-only mode for viewing in order to prevent accidental changes.
· The password prompt of the lock screen will now time-out. YAPET can be closed from the lock screen.