Wepdecrypt is a Wireless LAN Tool written in c which guesses WEP Keys based on a active dictionary attack, key generator, distributed network attack and some other methods, Wepdecrypt based on wepattack and GPL licensed.
Here are some key features of "Wepdecrypt":
· Implemented packet filters.
· Only one crypted packet is enough to start cracking
· Has it's own key generator.
· Can crack a dumpfile over a network.
· Can act as a server and client.
· Has an fltk gui.
What's New in This Release:
· Applied destdir patch thanks to VMiklos from frugalware (first patch applied Thanks! :).
· Modified configure and Makefile to support destdir and wkeygen features.
· Now wordfile can contain hex keys just add HEXKEY_FILE to the first line. Feature sugested by Scott Taylor thanks!.
· Added wkeygen, wkeygen is a modified version of an add-on from linux-wlan-ng to generate wep hex keys.
· Added a man page for wkeygen tool.
· Documentation updated to show usage of new features.
· Some source code clean ups.
· Applied a patch from gentoo to fix a little compiling problem.
· Added support to save bssid in server log when a key is found by a client.
· Added new code to generate keys, it has been widely improved, updated wepdecrypt to use this new code (old code is still there it will be removed soon).
· Added an option to set the mode for the new key generator (all, alpha, alphanumeric, numeric, printable, random).
· Now -n option works as it was supposed to.
· Version and Help options added to the gui's help menu.
· Gui look and functionalities changed (added an option to set -d flag and another option to set the numbers of blocks to get and decrypt from the server).
· Reconstructed the way in which gwepdecrypt handles the output data. This fixes two bugs one that caused use of 100% of the CPU and another related with gwepdecrypt output (no more cutted lines, also fixed in windows).
· Added code to check if wepdecrypt is installed before executing it in gwepdecrypt (fixes a crash in gwepdecrypt).
· Little speed up enhacement.
· Some Gui, wepdecrypt and wkeygen minor bugs fixed.
· Windows support (Done. Binaries will be released with the next version).
· Modified wepdecrypt scripts to look for john in the path.
· Added a todo file.
· Added a file called Examples.txt with scripts that use tools from wepdecrypt.