TrueCrypt is free open-source disk encryption software.
Here are some key features of "TrueCrypt":
· Creates a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mounts it as a real disk.
· Encrypts an entire hard disk partition or a storage device such as USB flash drive.
· Encryption is automatic, real-time (on-the-fly) and transparent.
Provides two levels of plausible deniability, in case an adversary forces you to reveal the password:
· 1) Hidden volume (steganography).
· 2) No TrueCrypt volume can be identified (volumes cannot be distinguished from random data).
· Encryption algorithms: AES-256, Serpent, and Twofish. Mode of operation: XTS.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Minor improvements and bug fixes (Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux)