Sophos Linux/RST-B detection tool is a very simple tool that is designed to detect:
· ELF binaries that are infected with the Linux/Rst-B virus (for more information, see www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/linuxrstb.html).
· The EICAR test virus (for more information, see www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm).
· EICAR detection is disabled by default. You can enable it by compiling the source with
· DETECT_EICAR defined (for more information, see the comment in detection_tool.c).
· C compiler
· C99 standard header files
· GNU libc
On a computer with no unusual configuration, type:
If your C compiler is called something other than "cc", or it's not in your $PATH, type:
./detection_tool [-v] < path > [...]
where < path > is the path to be scanned. The option -v enables verbose reporting: the tool lists all files scanned (and any errors found when opening them).