SnortSMS is a highly configurable sensor management system that provides the ability to remotely administer Snort [and Barnyard] based Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), push configuration files, add/edit rules, and monitor system health and statistics, all from a simple and clean Web interface console.
Whether you have one or multiple Snort sensors, SnortSMS can help unify and syncronize all sensor configurations.
Here are some key features of "SnortSMS":
· Centralized Sensor Management - Unify all sensors under one common console interface. Create and share global configuration policies throughout your IDS sensors. Remotely start and stop sensors.
· Barnyard Support - Integrated support for Barnyard including auto-generation of 'sid-msg.map'.
· Health Monitoring - Monitor the statistics and health of all your sensors. Our parallel querying engine retrives vital stats from all sensors simustainiously.
· Configuration Verification - Uses MD5 checksums to validate sensor config policies with global configuration settings.
· Rule Importing - Instantly download and import Snort rules and configuration resources into the SnortSMS libraries.
What's New in This Release:
· A major rewrite of the Sensor Agent was done.
· PHP is now used instead of Perl.
· A Web Portal listener is now used to access the agent functions.
· This eliminates the dependency on Webmin and Perl on the Sensor.
· The remote agent was rewritten as a PHP-based Web script.
· SnortSMS Collector was updated to handle the new agent format.