Shade LSB 1.1.0
Shade is an acronym which stands for Steganographically Hide and Analyze Data Entries.
LSB manipulation is a form of steganography, the art or science of making the existence of information undetectable by normal means. This is achieved by writing the contents of a confidential file to the LSBs of another harmless and inconspicuous host file.
Shade is Open Source software released under the terms and conditions of the GNU General Public License. See the features Page for details as to what Shade is or will be capable of.
Here are some key features of "Shade LSB":
· perform any payload file type.
· optionally perform on these known file types:
· jpeg/jfif - Joint Photographic Experts Group File Interchange Format
· mpeg - Moving Pictures Experts Group format
· mp3 - mpeg layer 3 format
· wav - windows wave file format
· bmp - windows bitmap format (8 bit)
· bmp - windows bitmap format (24 bit)
· png - portable network graphics format
· gif - graphics interchange format
· store/acknowledge payload file name in payload data.
· perform multiple payload files at once.
· verify integrity of payload data against original payload file.
· perform payload backwards.
· input from standard input (eg, perform on piped input)
· output processed data to standard output or to a file.
· perform payload between/before/after specified phrase(s) located in host data.n");
· use 1-8 bits per byte of host data.
· skip bytes at head of host data.
· skip bytes at tail of host data.
· skip X host bytes after performing each one.
· limit performing of payload to a specific number of bytes.
· Xor-crypt payload against custom repeating passphrase.
· Xor-crypt payload against custom repeating bit-sequence.
· apply arbitrary operations sequencially on each byte of payload file:
· invert bits. (eg, invert 3,4, 6, and 8: -i 3468)
· reverse bits. (eg, reverse 3 through 7: -R 37)
· transpose bits. (eg, swap bits 3 with 4 and 6 with 8: -t 3468)
· Xor-crypt against custom 8-bit-sequence.
What's New in This Release:
· Many data processing and output features have been added, and the code is much more friendly and efficient.
· An official change log was added.