SafeSquid Composite Edition 4.2.2 / 220.127.116.11 RC
An antivirus and content filtering proxy server.
- STOP Getting lured by fraudulent web-links to visit pornographic sites,
- BLOCK Advertisement pop-ups that drive you crazy,
- PREVENT Employees from wasting business-hours and resources on needless downloads,
- PREVENT Computers from getting infected with viruses / Trojan by a visit to innocent looking web-sites
- AVOID losing precious hours trying to implement - optimal and clean Internet access for all your users
- A complete HTTP / FTP Internet Proxy
- Supports Request Forwarding to and from your other favourite proxies like Squid or from behind Firewalls.
- An Intuitive Browser based GUI
- HTTP and FTP content caching, to use your Internet bandwidth more efficiently.
- NTLM and Basic authentication when forwarding through another proxy server.
- Supports PAM and any other External Authentication software for allowing Internet Access.
- Sophisticated URL blacklisting & whitelisting
- Content substitution in downloaded files and HTTP headers, & requested URL's.
- Extensive debugging capabilitites to analyse web-requests and responses.
- Banner and popup blocking,
- Increases Privacy by letting you control cookies
- Virus scanning of all HTTP content (both request and response),
- User / IP based Bandwidth Limiting.
SafeSquid Composite Edition
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 4.2.2 RC9.3
- SafeSquid now allows complete tcp tuning.
- The performance of SafeSquid like any server-side web-application can be impacted by TCP parameters like Keepalive, Receive Buffers & Send Buffers.
- The life of CLOSE_WAIT sockets depends upon the Keepalive parameters, whereas the Send / Receive Buffers can greatly impact the throughput and speed.
- The prior releases of SafeSquid required these parameters to be very carefully set (for the performance conscious), via sysctl, and obviously required a system-wide impact.